Monday, July 14, 2014

Early Trek Reynolds 531




This is a personal bucket list frameset.  Into steel and gravel?  Why buy something newer or custom when you could pick this up.  There isn't a ton of information, and the current build is not the way I would go.  That said the price is reasonable at $285 obo.

Here is the sellers info on the bike-

Well, just because I'm bored I'm gonna post this. I love this bike, but try as I might, it's not getting any bigger and I'm not getting any shorter. At 6'3" I'm just too tall for this ride. So, I'm wondering if anyone is feeling the opposite way about a similar bike: yours is too big for you.
If so, wanna trade? What I'm really looking for is a gravel bike with some gears (especially after riding this bike in this weekend's Almanzo).
Here is what I can tell you about this bike.
It's an '80s-era Trek with a U.S.-made Reynolds 531 steel frame.
The bike measures 32 inches from ground to top tube.
I've updated most of the parts on it:
- Converted it to a single speed that allows you to switch out the rear gear depending on the kind of riding. Bike comes with a full set of gears.
- Added a Specialized stem and Specialized bent bar.
- Added two Nashbar wheels that are about two years old
- Gravel tires are in good shape
- Added new seat post and Specialized saddle
The bike was recently overhauled with a new bottom bracket, brake pads, cables.
* Pedals, saddle bag not included.


The frame appears to be in very solid shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment